Tuesday

Summer! and a few other things..

So, 1st post!

My dissertation is going to be about colour grading. Why? I love colour and colour grading.

This is going to be all about what I did over summer, research I started doing for it etc. etc.

From June to September I was on a 3 month internship at post production house Framestore. Here I worked in the MCR Room helping digi in footage and prepping suites with artwork. This is where I met James Long who helped me get to grips with the technology and different encoding procedures. I also got to meet the company's three Colourists, one of whom - Steffan Perry - let me regularly sit in with him while he was working on jobs. I got to ask him a lot of questions and I learnt a LOT from him. I asked if he was willing to help me on my dissertation when I got down to writing it, by answering some questions and he said of course. Result.

I also got to play on the baselight they have at Framestore.




While I was at Framestore I was working on little projects for other people, where I was the colourist so I didn't get rusty and still made sure I was trying out new techniques.

By the end of summer I knew I would definitely be sticking to learning colour throughout the third year. All of which is going to help with the dissertation. Now I need to plan what books to get...

www.framestore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment